Here is a little tip a picked up over here. I am building an app that uses the UIImagePickerController. However, I was getting annoyed because it was a little difficult to test it in the simulator because there are no photos in the simulator's photo library. So here is what I did.
- Fire-up the iPhone simulator and then run the Safari web browser.
- On your computer, open the folder that contains the photo(s) you want to put into the Simulator.
- Drag an image from the folder and drop it onto the Safari browser window open in the Simulator.
- The image will then appear in Simulator's web browser.
- Click and hold on the image and you will see a "Save Image" dialog box appear. Click to save.
- Close Safari and go to Photos on the Simulator. You should now see your photo in there.
This worked out great as I can now perform basic image selection routines from within the Simulator using real-world example content.